10 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Beer:
- Vikings believed in a sacred goat that’s udders would supply an unlimited amount of beer. [That’d be the G.O.A.T. goat!]
- Shaking a beer and spraying it on a fire can put the fire out. [A small fire, that is!]
- Warm beer used to be considered healthier. [Yuck!]
- President Obama brewed his own beer at the White House.
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass. [Who hasn’t feared that before?!]
- The term “rule of thumb” originates from brewers who would stick their thumb into the mix to see when the temperature was right for adding the yeast.
- The invention of beer can not be credited back to anyone for sure, but there is evidence of beer being around for over 4,000 years, making it one of the oldest drinks in existence!
- There is a bar tab from George Washington’s farewell party that is still intact & the 55 attendees drank over 100 bottles of alcohol.
- Beer is the third most consumed beverage in the world, behind water and tea. [Clearly this wasn’t a stat on just Buffalo!]
- The first professional brewers were women.
If you knew all or any of these you’re a beer geek and we love it! Please share your favorite fun facts about beer with us in the comments.